Improve EU funding management
Volt Hauts-de-France : #lapolitiquepourlavenir
Ensure that the maximum amount of European funds is acquired and distributed in the Hauts-de-France region
Why is this important ?
France risks losing millions of allocated European funds, for which projects have been submitted, because the regional administration was unable to process them. We are almost in last place in terms of the use of allocated funds because of our internal bureaucracy. Although the situation has improved in the different schemes with about 80-90% of the budget used at the end of the funding cycle, France, and in particular the Hauts-de-France region, seem to be lagging behind in terms of the projects submitted and amounts allocated. While 542 projects were funded between 2007 and 2013, there are only 182 projects between 2014 and 2020 for which data are available on national level. Even worse, our region has gone from 44 to 11 projects. Considering that the region has received €1.7 billion for the period 2014-2020, we must ensure that these funds are not wasted.
What do we propose ?
- Decentralise the assessment and validation of projects both geographically and in terms of subsidiarity by using local committees per department to examine applications before forwarding them to the region for funding;
- Nominate a Vice-President in charge of European matters and EU funding
- Ensure that our administration is not a handicap for initiatives applying for EU funds by simplifying administrative procedures based on feedback from applicants and project managers;
- Ensure the visibility of programmes on regional level by building on the existing guide and by starting to present projects that receive EU funding;
- Communicate clearly about the EU programmes - ERDF, ESF, EYI, EAFRD, EAFMPF and LEADER - and how they can be accessed with publication of applications submitted, validated, the time taken to submit them to the EU and the objectives achieved;
Can you estimate the cost of this ?
Decentralise project validation
We plan to have a team of two facilitators per department to run the local committees and a budget of 1.5 million euros per year.
Vice president of EU matters
No costs planned.
Improving internal procedures
No costs planned.
Communication on EU funded projects
We're planning with an allocation of 100.000€/year.
Communication on existing projects and project tracking
We're planning with an allocation of 250.000€/year.
How can I help ?
Help improve our proposals
Help financing our movement
- Ouest-France - Aides européennes : la France gâche des millions d'euros
- L'Europe s'engage en France | Projets Hauts-de-France
- Tout l’Europe - L'Europe en région : les Hauts-de-France
- Europe Direct Hauts-de-France : Des fonds européens pour les projets régionaux
- Hauts-de-France - Guide d’Aides
- L'Europe s'engage en Hauts-de-France | Programmes
- Commission Européenne - Programme Opérationnel FEDER-FSE Nord-Pas de Calais 2014-2020
(Funnel by shashank singh, Magnifying Glass by B. Agustín Amenábar Larraín de Noun Project, photo from wikipédia lincensed under CC‑BY‑SA‑3.0 & licence de documentation libre GNU)